CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Leaving


Just thinking- Last night I was listening to the coyotes' howl and it reminded me of
my very first hunting trip with my dad. ( I was 6) and was so scared the coyotes would pace the tent and howl so I kept waking him up asking what they wanted He finally goes "Britt Nothing is going to happen" and a classic line "they are more scared of you than you are of them" 'Oh thats reassuring i'll go right to sleep right now'( Get real).
The next day He took me into Grouse Creek to my Grandma Roche's lifetime friend Luanna- she lived in Riverside but had a house there and happened to be there that weekend so I spent the day with her watching Milo & Otis.

Oh P.S. This was my first time going to the 'Desert' - I had in my mind like a Saudi Arabian rolling hills ( Aladdin) I was in for a real shock ha I kept saying this is not the desert.



Ok- So I am starting to pack and I do not have that much stuff and I seriously am getting discouraged. I cannot wait to see our new place and meet up with all of our friends that will be up there. Lyle is nervous, I am not that nervous I am just anxious to get a job, move in, and be settled. I do get nervous with the thought of being 12 hours from either of our families. I am going to miss Fallon and all of our friends and family here as well as my family and friends in Logan/Riverside. We pull out Thursday! It feels weird not going back to Logan or Starting school
This is what grown up feels like
( ok so my dad use to say when your all growd up) I am
not a complete hill billy.
right?
Sometimes I wish I was starting Kindergarden again- then again I remember counting the Years until I was done with school when I was in k-5. Especially in H.S. just wanting to stay out and now I kill to be in bed by 10:30.
this picture is off but there is me and Josh Capener (purple shirt) I do not know who the
rest of them are sadly. My mom loves bows--nuff said
ps does anyone remember the enuf sweats?
late 80's-90's era


I am pretty sure my Gram- who took my bus picture still uses her Kodak instant shot
camera.










2 notes:

Kami and Joe said...

My thoughts exactly! I live with in walking distance to my parents and sometimes I still get home sick for the wonderful home I got to grow up in with my great parents! It is exciting to grow up and get to experience new things but it is hard to let go of the past when you have wonderful memories! Love you Brit! Good luck with the move and be sure to post lots so all of us back here can see how well you guys are! :)

Mary said...

We miss you already! Cute pics. Your kids are going to be adorable.