CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

girls will be boys. UPDATED


Ok, So I was thinking about funny things that we go through as a family-- This hunting story is one of them. It happened and I posted it about a couple years ago. But man this is a funny story and just shows how my dad survives with 3 girls and how we survived being his boys (pretend)
P.S. Its shark week I will be doing my review and posting my thoughts-- I love shark week- I should have been a Marine Biologist.
Oh P.P.S. I adding this video I made for my parents of my childhood growing up this was just a rough draft of what I made for them But I thought I would share with ya my little video!




-- This weekend could be described is how the stooges meet wilderness!! This past weekend my Dad took us up American Fork Canyon to the last place him and his dad went hunting together! Which was way neat; but for three girls... DIFFERENT STORY. to start off night before the hunt we were glassing and bobbie couldnt figure how to focus the binoculars soo.. she handed them to me I handed them back, she handed them to kenz and then my dad took charge and chucked them over the edge!!we are almost back to camp when my dad sees the water bottle that fell and says "get off and get that" so everyone looks at each other and so I get off and get the water bottle.. In that second my horse mutley starts walking off. My dad goes nuts and starts swearing at us; grabs a stick and starts whipping,kicking and yelling after mutley.. Mutley is a race horse so what does he do? yes he starts running instead of just walking. MY DAD SERIOUSLY LOOKED LIKE JOHN WAYNE IN A WESTERN. It was soo funny that me and bobbie cant do anything but laugh.. and laugh and giggle some more. My dad does get him and brings him back to us swearing up a storm and all the campers by us were just looking at us like this guy is a nutcase.. we smiled knowing they were right..

The morning of the hunt was sooo cold.. me and bobbie forgot
-warm socks

-warm shoes

-and thermals :D
Yes I was wearing ankle socks and Nike air Max- Dad was not pleased.
Meaning at 430 it was soo cold.. and we waited and waited and waited until 5:00 PM ( ok girls cannot A: sit on a mountain for 13 hours with B: nothing to do and C: NOT TALK..

well like 30 seconds before I took the gun to take my own life because I was miserable from sitting on a mountain listening to shhhhh and looking at dead trees and green trees my dad spotted one!! my first shot he didnt even look up,second nailed him right behind the shoulder. For those of you who know the accident story of a few years ago it was nice to get a high five and to hear good job instead of him throwing up and my dad saying the F word at me!!

2 notes:

Sharon said...

Shoot. Reminds me of being his Little Sister. I can still see the hands on his hips, his eyes getting stuck in the back of his head from rolling them. The disgust gasp and turning away. AND THE CUSS WORDS! Gotta LOVE that GUY. LOVE THE STORY! Now you know what life as his sister was like! BUT you should have seen him with our GRANDBABIES, HE WAS AMAZING. SO LOVED WATCHING HIM WITH THEM! I wanted to bawl when I watched him show Kylie how to ride a horse. The BEST of him came out! HE WILL MAKE AN AWESOME GRAMPA! XO!!!!!!!!

Lyle and Britt Whitaker said...

haha I know! I didnt know you guys had come over and rode. and that is signature move - hands on hips, rolling his eyes and saying " are you kiddin me"? hahah good ol' dad! He loves horses and girls riding them!