CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday from Hell

The Sunday from Hell-

It all started with Lyle asking if I would be making rolls for our roast after church about 1 hour before we left. I decided to call Gram Doris and get her recipe because they are the best and to DIE FOR. Seriously though, when I meet ranch hands that use to work for my grandpa they talk about grams rolls. I did not have time for the potato rolls so she gave me her other recipe. FIRST MISTAKE-12 hours from gram while she is giving me a recipe she does off her the top of her head (no real recipe) is a disaster for moi! I followed everything she said word for word exactly and as I am pouring all this flour in I just know it is not working out. So I call her again explain and she has no idea- we review my steps she still has no idea, then she says knead the bread it will come together--still it looks like flour flakes. So I bag it –LITERALLY.

SECOND MISTAKE- I skipped Sunday School/relief society to make these things. It’s a sign.

I know all of you betty homemakers are sticking your noses up but near tears does not even explain how sad I was. Good thing I have Micall around to make 30 min biscuits and bring them.

All in all I survived.

Dinner Rolls??

Put Back under the Cupboard where
they belong
Sad Sad Britt
All in Vain

Wiped Away

3 notes:

Mary said...

So sad! Men will never understand the pain and anguish of yeast dough that does not turn out. At least it wasn't totally your fault.

Lyle and Lori said...

Hang in there Brittany. My first few times didn't turn out either. Now I make pretty good rolls. Don't give up. It takes practice. Glad you guys are all settled in and are enjoying this stage in you lives. XOXO, Lori

Kami and Joe said...

haha I love this post! Rolls are by far the hardest thing to make which is why I don't bother! Rhodes rolls bake and serve is just fine for me! You are so cute Britt!