CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 21, 2011

forgiveness

Forgiveness:

I have carried something around for oh say around 15 years- don’t judge me. Something that has been so hard for me to overcome, and just get over. So many why’s, whats, what if’s etc. and Possibly why me? Last week during a phone conversation it just clicked, it literally clicked so hard tears streamed down my face. I realized that just because 1 thing had not turned out how I had intended that a BAJILLION yes I said it a BAJILLION things had turned out for my sake because of this person. I am sure I have said things to people I wish I could take back—I still do, my mom always told me that one regret you will never have is being genuinely kind to someone. Everyone makes mistakes and even if you do not verbally say “ok I forgive you for hurting me 15 some odd years ago”, just a hope you are doing good love you” Too many people leave this earth with someone still here wishing they had said something a little kinder or been a little less selfish or picked up the phone when they felt they should have.

I really am working on this because I am very quick to words sometimes too much and if it takes you oh 15 years to forgive me of something I have said. I’ll take it! Forgiveness is sometimes the best present you can give yourself and others.

1 notes:

Mary said...

What a great piece of acvice from your mom. I'm going to have to remember that.